Take a deep breath, let go and let God.
Ok so here is a review of the C25K application on Itunes. My bad, it is $2.99. It integrates with Facebook. By the way I am Rozette Peckham at Facebook. Search for me and add me as a friend. Just mention you came from SeeFluffyRun or Weight Watchers and I will let you in. So here are some of the Pros and Cons.
- You can make your own playlist
- It prompts you when to run/walk/cool down with a bell and voice
- It does a countdown for each interval (when doing 90 sec run, the screen will display a countdown from 90 secs)
- It gives you a halfway prompt (if you are running outside, this is a nice feature that tells you when to turn around)
- It keeps track of your runs
- If you need to start over, you can just reset and it will reset to W1D1
- If you were not able to complete a session you can edit that session as not done
- You cannot run another application, like MapMyRun so that you can track your distance
- It does not include GPS so it doesn't track your distance
- If you want to skip a song or need a power song to play, you can't control your music without turning off C25K, since you have to leave the application to get to Music
- The audible prompts do not get louder, so if you music is really really loud (and that is not good for your ears anyway) you may miss a prompt
Overall it is a great application to use if you want to use your own music. I am still waiting for that perfect application that does GPS and/or stride (like Nike +), has a chest band that keeps track of heart rate, that I can use C25K and allows me to play my own music. Until then, I am going to continue to look like the Bionic Woman with my HRM, my Nano for my Nike+ and my Iphone for safety and C25K and my personal playlist.