Monday, June 1, 2009

I just can't let go

Ok, here is why it irks me to lose it and run without it. Because I am a tracking freak. I want my Mini to show my last workout. You can't edit your workouts on Nike + so I can't go back and add it. It also won't show on my Goal ticker that I did the 2 miles. Two miles may not seem like much but for me it is a big deal.

Take a deep breath, let go and let God.

Ok so here is a review of the C25K application on Itunes. My bad, it is $2.99. It integrates with Facebook. By the way I am Rozette Peckham at Facebook. Search for me and add me as a friend. Just mention you came from SeeFluffyRun or Weight Watchers and I will let you in. So here are some of the Pros and Cons.

Pros
  • You can make your own playlist
  • It prompts you when to run/walk/cool down with a bell and voice
  • It does a countdown for each interval (when doing 90 sec run, the screen will display a countdown from 90 secs)
  • It gives you a halfway prompt (if you are running outside, this is a nice feature that tells you when to turn around)
  • It keeps track of your runs
  • If you need to start over, you can just reset and it will reset to W1D1
  • If you were not able to complete a session you can edit that session as not done

Cons

  • You cannot run another application, like MapMyRun so that you can track your distance
  • It does not include GPS so it doesn't track your distance
  • If you want to skip a song or need a power song to play, you can't control your music without turning off C25K, since you have to leave the application to get to Music
  • The audible prompts do not get louder, so if you music is really really loud (and that is not good for your ears anyway) you may miss a prompt

Overall it is a great application to use if you want to use your own music. I am still waiting for that perfect application that does GPS and/or stride (like Nike +), has a chest band that keeps track of heart rate, that I can use C25K and allows me to play my own music. Until then, I am going to continue to look like the Bionic Woman with my HRM, my Nano for my Nike+ and my Iphone for safety and C25K and my personal playlist.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rozette! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I have a 'soft spot' for new runners, so welcome to the best days of your life! :-) You have a great blog here, and you are doing great with the running! I am STILL a 'newbie' really, just under a year of miles under my 41 year old feet, but it has been really the most rewarding, exciting and life altering year of my life (next to having children of COURSE, that is a given)

    Looking forward to watching your progress through C25K and beyond - you will be amazed at where you are a year from now, THIS I know!

    Keep running!

    ReplyDelete