Sunday, November 1, 2009

It's not about the bike...Lance Armstrong

Ok, it's not about the book either. However, it was a very good read. On my list of must read books for anyone starting to run, bike or do anything to their heart's desire. But I digress, this is not about the book.

Yesterday for Halloween I went on a late night bike with a couple of friends and my husband. It was my first exercise endeavor since my 10K. Sure I have mopped, hobbled, ventured through Walmart (which seems like a 10K to get from pet food to trash bags), climbed up and down stairs to help people with their software issues in the scrapbook world but just moving for the sake of exercise...not yet.

But yesterday after a nice quiet dinner with friends and handing out candy to kids, we went for a bike ride. It was so nice. I love bike rides. I love the feel of the wind in my hair, cruising a new neighborhood listening to the sounds of just everyday life. But the best part is I didn't feel any strain on my ankle or leg or knee. So while I still feel a little discomfort while walking, I now can at least ride my bike. So I guess I will do that for a while. Mentally, I will tell myself that I am training for a bi-athlon. Yeah, that's it. I am training on a bi-athlon. And for the next few weeks I will be focusing on biking...except next Saturday because I have a 5k.

That is right, a 5K next weekend. I may have to walk it but that is okay..I have proven to myself that I can run a 5K and and 10K. So if I have to walk, that is okay.

Oh, and a shout out to my online pals, Mr. and Mrs. F, they just completed Couch to 5K, check out their blog A Fat Man Running .

1 comment:

  1. Wow -- Im honored Fluffy! Thanks for the congrats!

    Hang in there, injuries are tough. Im glad you found that you can still bike though.

    ReplyDelete