Tuesday, July 21, 2009

W7D2...how do I do it?

Well, I am back on the Couch to 5K program. Yesterday my stomach was a bit upset so I skipped going to the gym with my family and just sat on the couch to watch TV. I wasn't feeling 100%, so that was ok. Or was it? I guess not because 40 minutes after my family showed up at the gym, I walked in.



My run was uneventful. I had Everyone Loves Raymond on the TV in front of me and hit the treadmill. I found that I have to push through the first 8-10 minutes then it seems easier. At about minute 15 or 16 I get into a rhythm then about mile 20, I want to quit. I know, I know. Four to five minutes of real stride? But it is worth it to get that feeling that I am in the groove. I start singing the songs on my Ipod....outloud. I am sure it is weird to the other people in the gym. The largest gal in the gym, running on a treadmill, longer than anyone else, her flab bouncing everywhere, smiling and singing Womanizer or Did you miss me or Army Cadence. Who cares!

My day has been uneventful. However, it has been nice. I sat on the phone with my best friend today and we talked about running. We updated eachother on how are last runs went. We talked about 5Ks we want to sign up to do. It is nice to have my bestfriend, Julissa, having the same new passion, running, as me.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you for getting off the couch and to the gym! Those are the times that truly count even if you feel it was uneventful. I find that I struggle with the first couple minutes of my run and then have a decent stride for a good 10 - 15 minutes or so but then really have to push myself after that...I call that my "recovery" mode...I'm hardly moving but still technically running. My inner cheerleader is still pushing me forward...and I haven't had a run yet that I wasn't proud of :)....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for going. I ran for the first time today after my vacation and 5 day off. I never found my groove and I had to push myself the entire time. No fun, but I did it. I have had some really awesome runs but usually, those first few minutes are the key for me...I have to put my mind over matter (and I have a lot of matter, LOL) and just keep going.

    ReplyDelete