Tuesday, August 27, 2013

And more bad runs

I would love to say my streak of good runs has continued but it hasn't.   For whatever reason I am back to feeling a bit sluggish and awkward again.  I ran my first One Big Fat Run this past Sunday and it was horrible.  My time was slow and I felt tired.

I just couldn't get into the groove of things.  It may have been because they air was thick because of the humidity.  It may have been because I ate like crap the day before and did not hydrate well.  It may have been because I missed running with the group.  I don't know.

What I do know is that this too shall pass.  I won't dwell on the bad but will remember the possible.  I know what I am capable of accomplishing.  I know that I am human and will have my off days and even weeks.  But I know there are also those days that I seem to just fly through the air.  There are those days that my breathing seems easier and my legs feel lighter.

Those are the days I choose to remember.  And no matter what, I always feel like more of an athlete when I decide to push and struggle and complete my task instead of giving up.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment