Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Just a little inspiraiton

I was on Facebook today and saw this amazing video:



Words are a powerful thing.  So powerful that the Bible repeatedly tells us to watch our tongue.  But words start in the mind and in the mind is where we do most of our self talk.

So this got me thinking...what words do we tell ourselves?  "I can't run faster than a 15 minute mile.  I can't spin, it's too hard.  I can't eat better. I don't have time to work out."  Every time we say I can't or I don't or it's too hard. What you are really saying is I WON'T.  "I will not" is a powerful statement.  Because the truth is you can but you choose not to do it.  You choose to not try to run faster, spin for more than a day and get better, not to eat healthier, make the time to work out.  Let's be honest and stop living in denial.

I can run faster than 15 minute mile. I can spin. I do have time to work out.  I am able to eat better.  I may not be the best at it as I can be but with practice, determination and time I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment