Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Kris Kringle and the Winter Warlock

There is a joke in small group, more commonly known as Bible Study, don't pray for patience because God will give you something to test your patience. Well guess what? I prayed for strength, discipline and better health. So God sent...FattyMustRunMarathonChallenge.  Aye yay Aye!  He is going to test all three at once.

That's okay because I was given super powers.  At 12:04 today I received the email, along with 14 other women, stating I have been chosen for the year long marathon challenge. Yikes!  Talk about having mixed emotions. I am not gonna lie.  Part of me is terrified to take this challenge. What if I fail? What if I find out that I can't do this? What if I find out I am a failure? It is so easy to fall into that type of thinking. Heck, it is second nature in my head space.

So I will twist these lies into truths.  That's right. If I can believe anything I want, then I choose to believe that I can do this.  I choose to believe that I will succeed.  I choose to be on my side.  I have wasted too many years rehearsing failure in my head.  Time to rehearse success.  

So here is the truth that I know today.  Today I can run 2 miles.  Today I know how to listen to my body.  Today I know I can put one foot in front of the other. (Anyone just think of the Christmas Special Santa Claus is Comin' to Town, where Kris Kringle is trying to help the snow guy , Winter Warlock, to become nice.?)  THAT'S IT!!!  REVELATION!!!  I will put one foot in front of the other and change my ways and do so, one step at a time.  My 2 miles will turn into 3 then 6 then 13 then 26!  All by just putting one foot in front of the other. 

And just as the Winter Warlock had Kris to help him, I have 14 women to help me.  Together we will encourage, support and share our experiences.  Over the next few weeks as I get to know them, I hope to share  a little about each one of them. Some have blogs and I will list them to the right so that you can follow their journey also.

Well I am off..putting one foot in front of the other....

SING WITH ME!!

Warlock:  I really am a mean and despicable creature at heart you know. It's difficult to really change.
Kris:  Difficult? Why, why look here, changing from bad to good is as easy as taking your first step.

[chorus]
Put one foot in front of the other
and soon you'll be walking 'cross the floor.
Put one foot in front of the other and soon you will be walking out that door.

You will never get where you're going
If ya never get up on your feet.
Come on, there's a good tail wind blowin'
A fast walking man is hard to beat.

[chorus]

If you want to change your direction,
If your time of life is at hand,
Well, don't be the rule, be the exception
A good way to start is to stand.

[chorus]

Winter: If I want to change the reflection I see in the mirror each morn...
Kris: Oh you do
Winter:  You mean that it is just my election?
Kris: Just that?
Winter: To vote for a chance to be reformed? Wuu Huu!

If Winter can change, then so can I. I am just going to put one foot in front of the other!



No comments:

Post a Comment